Creamy & Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole Recipe: A Secret Ingredient Makes This 30-Minute Recipe Sing by Melissa Vickers
Here’s a chicken casserole recipe I opted to simplify in some ways, add additional ingredients and even do homage to my mom. Mom was not a gourmet cook by any standard, but she knew how to cook tasty meals and make them look a little special in the process. One ingredient she liked to add, not so much for the flavor, but for the pop of red color – chopped pimentos.
Pimentos are a form of red chili pepper, typically used to stuff green olives and to make pimento cheese. The flavor – at least what comes out of the little jars – is very mild and slightly sweet, making them a perfect addition when you just want a dish to look a little more festive. The original chicken recipe here didn’t have either pimentos or mushrooms or breadcrumbs on the top, but my version does!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 - 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, steamed and cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned or jarred pimentos
- 3/8 cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian-style cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian-style panko breadcrumbs
Here’s how to make it:
- Spread shredded chicken breast in the greased 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese and chicken stock until smooth. Add pimento and stir. Pour over chicken.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms. Cover with shredded cheese. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Cover loosely with foil if breadcrumbs start browning too quickly.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.