Best Queso Fundido Recipe: Authentic 5-Ingredient Mexican Chorizo Queso Dip Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Queso fundido translates to "melted cheese." Great description, we think! With spicy Mexican chorizo, poblano peppers and two kinds of cheese, this queso fundido recipe will make any queso lover happy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, seeded and chopped (here's how to roast poblano peppers)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces Oaxaca cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the chorizo in an ovenproof skillet (a cast iron skillet works best) until cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add the onion and chopped poblano peppers. Cook until the onion is soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Put the onions into the bowl with the chorizo.
- Turn off the heat. Put half of the cheese onto the bottom of the skillet. Top with the chorizo, onions and poblanos. Add remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to lightly brown. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $15 & Up
Mexican Cookbooks $5 & Up
Tortilla Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.