Strawberry & Vanilla Jam Recipe Is What to Make With the Strawberries of Summer by 30Seconds Food
Strawberry jelly, jam and preserves are what to make with those fresh, plump, sweet strawberries of summer. This easy strawberry jam recipe has a secret ingredient: vanilla! The touch of vanilla makes this jam recipe irresistible on biscuits, toast, waffles, pancakes, spooned over ice cream, used as a filling for thumbprint cookies – and it makes an incredible peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
This strawberry jam recipe makes four pint jars or 8 half-pint jars. Be sure to share with friends and family!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 4 pints
- 8 cups whole strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 box (1.75 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
Here's how to make it:
- Put the strawberries into a large pot. Mash with a potato masher (be sure to leave some chunks).
- Add the lemon juice. Heat the berries over medium-high heat, then add the fruit pectin. Bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Split the vanilla bean and scrap the seeds into the pot. Bring back to a rapid boil and cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Lade the mixture into sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch space at the top. Seal the jars.
- Put the jars into a pot of boiling water to process. Boil for 10 minutes. Carefully remove and cool completely on the counter. Store in the refrigerator.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Canning Jars $5 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Fruit Pectin $4 & Up
Vanilla Beans $5 & Up
Potato Mashers $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.