10-Minute Seared Scallops Recipe With Garlic Butter & Lemon by 30Seconds Food
How many times have we watched Gordon Ramsay tell a Hell's Kitchen contestant that they ruined the scallops? Don't let that intimidate you! Scallops are not hard to cook and are a quick seafood ingredient to add to the rotation.
Buttery, lemony and garlicy, these scallops melt in your mouth! Serve this easy seared scallops recipe with rice, pasta or potatoes to soak up some of that lemony sauce. Add a vegetable and/or a salad and you've got a chef-approved meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup white wine (can substitute chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Add the scallops in a single layer (don't crowd the pan). Cook about 2 minutes on the first side or until golden. Flip the scallops over and cook another 2 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet. Stir to remove any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the wine and simmer about 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the lemon juice.
- Turn the heat off and put the scallops back into the pan. Garnish with the parsley.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.