Easy Scallops With Polenta Recipe: This Scallops Recipe With Creamy Polenta Is an Easy Way to Shake Up Dinner by 30Seconds Food
If your family only wonders what kind of chicken they're going to have that night, maybe it's time to shake things up! This easy scallops recipe with lemon polenta is a delicious way to do just that.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk (or use 3 cups broth)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound scallops, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Bring the broth and milk to a boil in a sauce pot. Whisk in the polenta and cook on low heat until thick and it pulls away from the side of the pot. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, cheese and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. (Add more milk or broth if you want the polenta creamier.)
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the scallops and cook until seared on both sides and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes, depending on size of scallops. If using capers, add them right at the end to heat through.
- To serve, pile the scallops on the polenta.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauce Pots $10 & Up
Quick Cooking Polenta $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Capers $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.