6-Ingredient Skinny Asparagus & Chicken Fricassee Recipe: Make One-Pan Magic by Sarah Amona
Thin-cut chicken breasts cook up so fast, so they make an ideal ingredient for quick dinners. This easy chicken and asparagus fricassee recipe has fresh, wholesome ingredients and is something the whole family is sure to enjoy.
Start the easy chicken dinner by cooking thin boneless chicken breasts in a skillet until golden brown. Remove and add the onion, then mushrooms and garlic. Chicken broth is poured into the pan and reduced by half, which takes about two minutes. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, then return the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with a little shredded mozzarella, if desired, and serve. Quick and easy!
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches, turning until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook until golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth and simmer until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese, if using.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.