Lemon Turmeric Chicken Soup Recipe Is Flavorful Comfort in a Bowl by Elisa Schmitz
In my quest to make the perfect chicken soup recipe, I’ve been trying out different variations. From Greek chicken soup to classic chicken soup, it’s all about flavor and nutrition. After all, there’s nothing more soothing than a steaming bowl of chicken soup, so it may as well taste as amazing as it feels.
This lemon turmeric chicken soup recipe is loaded with the healing benefits of turmeric and the tanginess of lemon (not to mention loads of chicken and vegetables). Savory and soothing, this golden soup recipe is flavorful comfort in a bowl.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 pound (16 ounces) carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 medium-size lemons
- 2 quarts chicken stock, chicken broth or bone broth (I used chicken broth)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons ground turmeric, or to taste
- lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Add olive oil to a Dutch oven. Over medium heat, sauté carrots, potato, broccoli, onion and chicken in olive oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add celery and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes and turmeric, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Serve with warm rolls and butter. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.