Creamy Pimento Cheese Rice Recipe Is As Southern As It Gets by Donna John
Down south we love our pimento cheese. This creamy pimento cheese rice recipe is delicious! The roasted red peppers and garlic meld beautifully with the cheddar cheese and rice. The heavy cream adds the creaminess factor that pimento cheese is known for.
Serve this rice side dish recipe with chicken, pork, beef or seafood. I served it with strawberry basil-glazed chicken thighs and a salad with homemade ranch dressing. I'm thinking of shaping the leftovers into patties and pan-frying them. Will keep ya'll posted!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 a 15-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup heavy cream (I used 1/2 cup)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a saucepot over medium heat. Add the garlic and peppers and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, about 20 to 25 minutes or until all the liquid has absorbed.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Stir in the cheese and cream until melted, smooth and creamy.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.