Chicken Taco Stuffed Avocados Recipe With Refreshing Citrus Chipotle Salsa by 30Seconds Food
"These avocado halves are stuffed with perfectly seasoned ground chicken," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "But the real star of the show is the homemade chipotle salsa drizzled on top. Your salsa is smoky, sweet and tangy thanks to a few secret ingredients (chipotle in adobo plus a fresh orange). This salsa is what takes these stuffed avocados to the next level!"
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 28 to 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning spice mix
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese or shredded Colby Jack cheese
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large fresh orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- sea salt, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the ground chicken, bell pepper, onion and taco seasonings. Cook, stirring and breaking the meat occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through.
- In a food processor, add the lime, orange, honey, chipotle peppers in adobo, sea salt and ground pepper. Process until smooth.
- Once the meat is done and fully cooked through, stir in half of the chipotle salsa and remove from heat. Reserve the remaining salsa to drizzle over the avocados just before serving. Arrange the avocado halves on a platter and spoon the meat mixture into each as desired. Top with cheese, cilantro and remaining chipotle salsa.
Note: To make the avocado easier to scoop out, take a knife and gently make cuts in avocado flesh in a cross-hatch pattern, careful not to break through the avocado peel.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Chipotle in Adobo Sauce $2 & Up
Raw Honey $4 & Up
Avocado Oil $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.