Quick Easter Cake Recipe: Simple & Fun Chocolate Bunny Cake for Easter by Donna John
My sister-in-law made the cutest Easter cake using chocolate Easter bunnies, shredded coconut and jellybeans. So simple but so cute! This easy Easter cake recipe is a creative way to use that Easter candy and have a little fun with the kids.
The cake is made with a boxed cake mix, but if you have a favorite homemade cake recipe and the time, go for it! Shredded coconut is tinted green with food coloring for the grass. Simply place the coconut into a bowl or plastic bag and mix it with the food coloring until it turns green. Frost the cake with premade vanilla frosting or your favorite homemade vanilla or cream cheese frosting. Next, sprinkle the green coconut on the bottom of the cake to create the grass. Put chocolate Easter bunnies onto the cake and embellish with jellybeans. Adorable, right?
The fun bunny cake could be made ahead of time, or make it a family affair on Easter Day and decorate the baked cake after the big Easter egg hunt with all the goodies.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes to bake cake
Total Time: 35 to 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- box cake mix(es), plus ingredients to make it, or your favorite cake recipe
- vanilla frosting (1 can for 13x9-inch baking pan and 2 for half sheet baking pan)
- shredded coconut
- green food coloring
- chocolate Easter bunnies
Here's how to make it:
- Bake the cake according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Tint the coconut green by placing desired amount in a bowl or plastic zipper bag. Using a toothpick, add a little green food coloring. Knead or stir until color has evenly distributed.
- Frost the cooled cake with the vanilla frosting.
- Cover the bottom of the cake with the tinted coconut to look like grass.
- Place the chocolate covered Easter bunnies on the cake so they look like they're sitting on the grass.
- Add jellybeans.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Half Sheet Cake Pans $10 & Up
Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Cake Frosting $2 & Up
Chocolate Easter Bunnies $2 & Up
Jellybeans $2 & Up
Shredded Coconut $2 & Up
Food Coloring $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.