Easy Peruvian Vegetable & Chicken Soup Recipe (Aguadito de Pollo) Is Spectacular by 30Seconds Food
Aguadito de pollo is a traditional chicken soup from Peru that's made with chicken, cilantro and vegetables. Many traditional aguadito de pollo recipes call for chicken hearts, livers or gizzards, but this recipe uses simple bone-in chicken thighs.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon aji amarillo paste
- 7 cups water
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, cut into large pieces
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 corn on the cob, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until cooked through. Cool.
- While the chicken cooks, heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add the garlic, onion, jalapenos and aji amarillo paste. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture starts to brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper and corn to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, remove the chicken from the bone.
- Combine the cilantro and 1/3 cup water to a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- When the rice is tender, add the chicken, blended cilantro and lime juice. Cook about 2 more minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.