The Easiest Colcannon Recipe: Get Lucky With This Creamy Irish Mashed Potato Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5
- 2 - 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chopped kale, cabbage, Swiss chard or spinach
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup whole milk, heavy cream or half and half
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt the butter in the same pot. Add the kale or leafy greens of choice and green onions. Cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until wilted.
- Put the potatoes back into the pot with the greens. Add the milk or cream. Turn the heat to low and mash the potatoes with a potato masher. When mashed to desired consistency, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine with the greens. Serve with more butter or drizzle with olive oil.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.