30-Minute Cheesy Fiesta Potato Soup Recipe Uses Pantry Ingredients by Sarah Griffin
Cheesy fiesta potato soup! A delicious soup recipe I threw together a while back that my kids loved and now request it!! It's so easy to make.
This creamy, cheesy soup recipe uses pantry ingredients and is in your bowl in about 30 minutes. Add a fresh tossed salad for a complete meal the whole family will enjoy.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: American / Mexican
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 3/4 of a 3-pound bag Yukon gold potatoes, washed and diced
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chiles (I used Rotel)
- I box (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 box (32 ounces) Velveeta, diced
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- Creole seasoning, to taste (I used Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning)
Here's how to make it:
- Put everything except Velveeta into a soup pot. Add enough water to cover if broth doesn't completely cover the potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Creole seasoning, to taste. Boil until the potatoes are tender.
- With a potato masher, gently mash some of the potatoes to thicken up the soup.
- Add the Velveeta and stir until melted.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Potato Mashers $6 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Tomatoes With Green Chiles $2 & Up
Rotel Tomatoes With Green Chiles $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning $3 & Up
Creole Seasoning $3 & Up
Velveeta $7 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.