Skinny Baked Chicken Recipe With Tomato Braised Cauliflower: A Healthy Chicken Dinner by Sarah Amona
Juicy baked chicken breast slices sit on a bed of cauliflower that's been braised in tomatoes and spices. Yum! This easy chicken recipe has all the flavor without all the fat and calories.
Chopped green onions, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, canned tomatoes, water and cauliflower florets are cooked until tender. While the cauliflower cooks, toss the chicken in olive oil and bake until cooked through. Serve this juicy baked chicken breast over the tender tomato-braised cauliflower for a healthy dinner.
With chicken and vegetables, this skinny recipe is a complete meal, but you could add a salad for even more nutrition. Broccoli could be substituted for the cauliflower.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 green onions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups diced canned tomatoes
- 4 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (divided)
- 1 cup fresh basil, gently torn
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- In a saucepan, combine the green onions, garlic, crushed red pepper, oregano, tomatoes and cauliflower and water. Bring everything to a boil. Season with a 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cover the pot with a lid and gently simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken breast with olive oil and roast in the oven at 450-degree F oven for about 20 minutes to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice chicken. Serve on a bed of tomato braised cauliflower.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepans $10 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $1 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.