Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe: Heart-Healthy Oats Let You Have Your Pancakes & Eat Them, Too by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
In my opinion, pancakes are the ultimate weekend breakfast or brunch food. If you're like me, you wish you could eat pancakes all the time. Unfortunately, pancakes aren't the most nutritious of meals, so I've been working on ways to have my pancakes and eat them, too. Meaning, make them healthier, so I can eat more of them.
My solution? Add oats! That's because oatmeal is packed with soluble fiber, landing it at the top of Mayo Clinic's list of cholesterol-reducing foods. I see this pancake recipe as a cross between my apple pie baked oatmeal recipe and my cinnamon vanilla oatmeal recipe, but with the added benefit of being a pancake.
I make enough of these pancakes to have leftovers, making for quick grab-and-go breakfasts during the week, too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes 8 to 12 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used gluten-free flour)
- 1 1/2 cups oats (I used gluten-free quick-cooking oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk of choice (I used almond milk; you may need to add more or less milk to achieve your desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 apple, peeled and diced small
- 2 eggs
- blueberries or your choice of berries, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, oats, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the vanilla, milk, oil, applesauce and eggs. Mix well. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry until combined. Fold in the apples.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium-low heat. Pour the batter to make pancakes of your desired size. Cook until bubbles begin to appear, then flip and continue cooking until done.
- Serve with maple syrup and/or and butter, if desired. Garnish with berries.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Griddles $15 & Up
Applesauce $2 & Up
Canola Oil $2 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Quick Oats $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.