Easy Breakfast Potato Casserole Recipe: This Greek Breakfast Potatoes Recipe Is Flavorful & Fun by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
These breakfast potatoes are different than the usual breakfast casserole, or hash browns recipe, because I mashed the potatoes. The consistency is creamy on the inside, while crispy on the outside. And, the Greek herbs create a flavor that's so zesty, it'll wake those taste buds right up in the morning.
Cuisine: American / Greek
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 - 4 large potatoes (or 4 - 6 smaller ones), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (depending on how many potatoes you use)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Microwave or boil potatoes until they're soft. Put cooked potatoes into a large bowl. Add olive oil and herbs. Stir to combine and until consistency is creamy.
- Spoon potato mixture into a baking pan that you've sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from oven. If using Parmesan cheese, sprinkle on top of casserole, and put back into the oven for another 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few moments before slicing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dried Rosemary $4 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Baking Pans $10 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.