Crispy Hash Browns Potato Recipe Just Like Grandma Used to Make by 30Seconds Food
This hash brown potato recipe is like what grandma made. Quick and easy. Nothing makes breakfast, brunch or even dinner special like hash browns (sometimes called hashed browns). This easy hash browns recipe has just one ingredient: potatoes! Cooked right, that's all you need. And maybe a little salt and black pepper.
Serve these crispy skillet fried potatoes as a side dish with breakfast (think eggs, french toast, pancakes, waffles, omelets), brunch (think crepes, chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits) or dinner (think fried chicken, pork chops, meatloaf, chicken and gravy or baked chicken).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 large russet potatoes, washed (peel or leave the skin on)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Try this potato recipe with sweet potatoes.
- Reheat any leftover potatoes in a hot skillet or under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Adjust the cooking time on this easy hash brown recipe to make them soft or crispy. If you're a crispy fan, press on the potatoes as they cook with a spatula to achieve ultimate crispiness.
Here's how to make it:
- Shred the potatoes using a cheese grater and put them into a bowl of water. Swish in the water a few times and drain. Put the potatoes into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the potatoes to the skillet and spread so they are in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook about 4 to 5 minutes without stirring. Use a spatula and flip the potatoes over. Cook another 4 minutes or until potatoes are browned and crispy.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.