Fat Tuesday Jambalaya Recipe: A Cajun Sausage & Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe That's Mardi Gras Worthy by 30Seconds Food
Bring Mardi Gras home by making this easy sausage and shrimp jambalaya recipe. This delicious jambalaya recipe is poppin' with all sorts of flavors and is cooked in a cast iron skillet. The cooking starts on the stove and ends in the oven. So simple!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 5 to 6
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage or andouille sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet. Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the onion, pepper and celery. Cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Put the sausage back into the pan along with the broth, rice, bay leaves, thyme and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Cover the skillet and put into a preheated 350-degree F oven. Cook about 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stir into the rice. Put the shrimp on top. Cover and cook about 10 more minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Ground Cayenne Pepper $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Long Grain Rice $2 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.