Sweet & Savory Fried Banana Balls Recipe: A Creative Recipe for Overripe Bananas (Sorry, Banana Bread) by 30Seconds Food
Have overripe bananas but already have a loaf of banana bread on the counter? Here's an interesting recipe for sweet and savory fried banana balls. The sweet comes from the bananas and sugar, and the savory from chives and red bell pepper (which adds some sweetness as well).
Cuisine: Malaysian / Lebanese / Indian
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hours to chill batter
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes about 14 balls
- 1 1/2 cups flour (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or green onion tops
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red bell pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom in a bowl. Whisk together.
- In another bowl, mash the banana and sugar together. Stir in the chives and red bell pepper.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Put the batter into the refrigerator and let it sit about 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet.
- With oiled hands, form the batter into balls. Put them into the hot oil (do not overcrowd the pan) and cook until golden brown on all sides. Do not overcook. Put on paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining batter.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Ground Cardamom $5 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.