Easy Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie Recipe With Cheesy Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes by 30Seconds Food
Shepherd's pie is a filling and comforting family meal. This easy shepherd's pie recipe is cooked in one skillet and uses ground beef. It's topped with creamy mashed potatoes, garlic butter and cheddar cheese. Mmm!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef and onion in an ovenproof skillet until meat is browned and cooked through. Add the garlic, thyme and rosemary and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add the tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the beef broth and cook, stirring, about 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mixed vegetables and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes over the top of the filling to completely cover.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and garlic powder. Brush or spoon the mixture over the mashed potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Add the cheese and continue to bake another 7 to 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and top is turning golden.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.