Crispy Fried Okra Recipe: This Easy Southern Fried Okra Recipe Is Dang Good by 30Seconds Food
Like fried green tomatoes, fried okra is a southern staple. This crispy fried okra recipe is easy to make and can be served instead of french fries or mashed potatoes as a side dish, or as a fun appetizer with remoulade sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound fresh okra, stems trimmed and cut into rounds
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Put the cut okra into the eggs and set aside.
- Combine the cornmeal and flour in a bag or large bowl. Season with cayenne pepper, to taste, and salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to 375 degrees F.
- When the oil is hot, remove the okra from the egg with a slotted spoon. Shake off the excess egg then put into the cornmeal mixture. Shake or dredge the okra then put into the hot oil. Do not crowd the pan.
- Fry the okra until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Repeat with remaining okra.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Frying Pans $10 & Up
Yellow Cornmeal $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Cayenne Pepper $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.