Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe: This Southern Fried Green Tomato Recipe Got a Makeover by 30Seconds Food
Fried green tomatoes are a staple in the south. Tart, unripe tomatoes are coated in a batter then deep fried. What's not to love? Maybe all the fat? This air fryer fried green tomato recipe uses minimal oil (and it's olive oil) to create the crispy crust. Serve this fried green tomatoes recipe with ranch, fry sauce, Cajun sauce, remoulade sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large green tomatoes, cut into slices (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup cornmeal
- olive oil spray
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the tomatoes dry with paper towels then season with salt and pepper.
- Put the flour into a bowl. Whisk together the eggs and buttermilk in another bowl. Mix the panko and cornmeal together into a third bowl.
- Dip the tomatoes into the flour, then egg and lastly the panko. Put them in the air fryer basket or on the tray. Mist them all over with the olive oil spray.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, turn them over and mist the other side with olive oil cooking spray and continue to cook for about 3 to 4 more minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Air Fryers $60 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Cornmeal $2 & Up
Panko $2 & Up
Olive Oil Spray $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.