Crazy Banana Cake Recipe: You'll Go Bananas Over This Moist Banana Cake Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
My friend Sherry is great about sharing her recipes on social media for others to enjoy. Her banana cake recipe is the one that people really go crazy for.
Friends and family not only ask her for the recipe, but they even ask her to bake it for them! Luckily for all of us, she shared the easy banana cake recipe with me.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe fresh bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cups softened butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Mash bananas and mix with lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Beat eggs in one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in bananas.
- Pour into cake pan and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean. If needed, cook longer, checking every 10 minutes until cake is fully cooked.
- Remove cake from oven and immediately place in freezer for 45 minutes. If not completely cool upon removal from freezer, let cool further before icing.
- To make the icing, cream butter and cream cheese together. Beat in vanilla and powdered sugar on low until combined, then on high until smooth. Frost cooled cake with the icing.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.