Valentine's Day Pasta Recipe: Linguine Recipe With Red Wine Reduction, Crispy Bacon & Shredded Parmigiano Cheese by Chef Lorenzo Boni Barilla Chef Manager, North America
The traditional pasta and wine combination has been taken up a notch for Valentine's Day with this red wine linguine recipe. The easy pasta recipe features a festive color achieved by finishing the pasta in red wine.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 6 ounces Barilla® linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns, whole
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 star anise
- 1/2 bottle Chianti wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- In a saucepot, sauté shallot with black pepper and olive oil for 3 minutes. Stir in red wine and bay leaves, bring to a boil and reduce to half.
- Stir in broth and star anise. Bring back to boil and reduce to half once again. Season very lightly with salt and strain. Reserve star anise for garnishing the dish later. Place the liquid in a skillet.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguine 3 minutes less than time indicated in directions. In a separate, dry skillet sauté bacon until crispy. Drain and set aside.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Place linguine in the skillet with boiling wine reduction and finish over high heat until fully cooked. If needed, add some reserved pasta water.
- Turn heat off and finish with butter. Plate and garnish with crispy bacon, shredded Parmigiano, star anise and chopped chives.
Photos courtesy of Barilla®.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Barilla® Linguine $2 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Black Peppercorns $3 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
Star Anise $4 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.