Cauliflower Baked "Ziti" Recipe: This Healthy Ground Turkey & Cauliflower Casserole Recipe Is Amazing by Sarah Amona
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound 95 percent lean ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
- 2 3/4 cups cauliflower, cut into florets and roasted
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella
Here's how to make it:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return saucepan over medium heat and add tomato paste and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes more, until slightly darkened. Add crushed tomatoes and bring sauce to a simmer, reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced and flavors have melded, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- In a large bowl, pour sauce over cauliflower and stir to combine. In a large baking dish, place half the cauliflower in an even layer. Dollop all over with half the ricotta and sprinkle with half the mozzarella and Parmesan. Add remaining cauliflower in an even layer on top and top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until cheese is melty and golden, about 28 minutes. Garnish with basil before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.