Coconut Fried Shrimp Recipe: Crispy Coconut Shrimp Recipe Has That Tropical Feel by 30Seconds Food
Take a trip to the islands with this easy coconut fried shrimp recipe. The shrimp are dipped in a wet batter then coated in sweet coconut and fried to a golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 1 pound medium shrimp to large, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cornstarch
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet (you could also use a deep fryer) to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, water and canola oil in a bowl. Mix well. Put the coconut into another bowl.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Dip the shrimp into the wet batter and then into the coconut.
- Put the shrimp into the hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Deep Fryers $20 & Up
Sweetened Coconut $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.