English Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe (Chicken Parmo) Is Insanely Delish by 30Seconds Food
No, we're not talking chicken parmesan here. Chicken parmo – sometimes called Teesside Parmesan – is a chicken recipe from North Yorkshire in England. It's simply a boneless fried chicken breast topped with a crazy amount of cheddar cheese and a rich, thick béchamel sauce. Insane!
This easy chicken parmo recipe will excite your family and put a new meal into your recipe arsenal. It's definitely a recipe worth trying!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded out to an even thickness
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup panko
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 - 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- To make the béchamel, melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Slowly start to add in the milk, whisking to remove any lumps. Cook for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, if desired.
- For the chicken, put the flour into a bowl. Whisk the egg and milk in another bowl. Put the panko into a third bowl.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the flour, then egg, then panko. Put into the hot oil.
- Cook the chicken until it is golden brown on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes depending on thickness. Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until just cooked through. Put the chicken onto a baking sheet.
- Top the chicken with a layer of béchamel and a generous amount of cheddar cheese. Put into a preheated 350-degree F oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.