This Chai Sugar Recipe Will Be a Staple in Your Kitchen After One Taste by 30Seconds Food
Chai sugar is a sweet mixture of sugar and chai spices that can be used in so many ways. Warm cooking spices are combined into one sweet spice blend that will become a staple in your pantry.
The chai sugar spice blend is made with granulated sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla and star anise. All of these spices can be found on the spice aisle of your grocery store. The spices are pulsed in a spice grinder, blender or food processor until fine and combined. Store the chai sugar in an airtight container.
Sprinkle this easy chai sugar recipe on muffins, cookies, toast, biscuits, pancakes or waffles or stir it into coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Or use it to make this moist chai sugar cookies recipe!
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: Makes approximately 1 1/8 cups
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 vanilla bean, split open and seeds scraped out
- 1 star anise
Here's how to make it:
- Put the sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla bean seeds into a spice grinder, blender or food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a jar or airtight container. Add the star anise and vanilla pod. Seal and allow to sit for about 1 week, then remove the star anise pod and vanilla pod.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Ground Cardamom $4 & Up
Star Anise $4 & Up
Ground Nutmeg $3 & Up
Vanilla Beans $5 & Up
Ground Ginger $4 & Up
Ground Cloves $3 & Up
Spice Grinders $10 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.