Penne Alla Vecchia Bettola Recipe: This Creamy Pasta Alla Vodka Recipe Is a Classic Italian Dish by 30Seconds Food
Penne Alla Vecchia Bettola (penne alla vodka) is a creamy pasta recipe from Italy made with vodka, penne, cream and crushed tomatoes. This pasta with vodka sauce recipe is similar to Ina Garten's version, which put this dish in the spotlight. Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 50 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) plum tomatoes, drained
- 12 ounces penne, cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Cook the onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and oregano. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Pour in the vodka and cook, stirring often, until reduced by half. Set aside.
- Put the tomatoes into a baking dish with a lid. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Put the tomatoes into a blender and puree (carefully if still hot) until smooth. Pour the pureed tomatoes into the pot with the vodka mixture.
- Add the oregano and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the pasta and the Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Plum Tomatoes $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Penne $2 & Up
Large Soup Pots $10 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.