Easy Holiday Linzer Cookies Recipe: This Linzer Cookie Recipe Is Easier to Make Than You Think by 30Seconds Food
Linzer cookies originated in Austria, but can now be found on holiday cookie trays across America. These tender cut-out cookies have a layer of raspberry jam (but you can use whatever you like!), so they are a festive Christmas cookie option.
Prep Time: 1 hour (approximately)
Cook Time: 9 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes about 24 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- raspberry jam
- powdered sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the flours and cinnamon.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add the flour, a little at a time, until combined. Divide the dough in two and press into two discs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, let the dough sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Put the dough onto a floured surface and roll out until it's about 1/18 inches thick. Use a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Put them onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining disc of dough.
- Cut shapes in the center of half of the cookie rounds with a knife or smaller cookie cutter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 9 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are just turning light brown. Remove and cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to cool completely.
- Top each cookie that doesn't have a shape cut into it with some raspberry jam. Spread to completely cover the cookies. Top with a cookie that has a cut-out. Dust with powdered sugar.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
2 1/2-inch Cookie Cutters $6 & Up
Electric Mixers $12 & Up
Almond Flour $6 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Raspberry Jam $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.