Traditional Amish White Bread Recipe: A Simple Homemade Bread Recipe From Pennsylvania Dutch Country by 30Seconds Food
If you've been thinking about trying your hand at baking bread, this traditional Amish recipe for white bread is a good place to start. Enjoy the simple goodness!
Prep Time: 2 hours (approximately)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
- 2 cups warm water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups bread flour
Here's how to make it:
- Put the warm water, sugar and yeast into a bowl. Stir to dissolve and let it sit until it foams and bubbles.
- Add the salt. Slowly start adding the flour, about a cup at a time, until a dough forms.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead until smooth, then put the dough into an oiled bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and punch it down. Knead again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half and put into two oiled loaf pans. Cover and let it rise again for about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until golden.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Active Dry Yeast $4 & Up
Bread Flour $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.