Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe: Part Snickerdoodle, Part Meltaway & Perfect for the Holidays by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
These cookie desserts are also easy to make, easy to double/halve and easy to modify. For instance, if you’re not a fan of cinnamon, you can roll them in powdered sugar. I’ll add my recommendation: have them with a gingerbread latte!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Servings: Makes about 28 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar until combined. Add egg, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Mix to combine. Add flour in slowly until fully incorporated, scraping the sides as needed. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls (about 2 teaspoons worth of dough). Roll until coated in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 8 to 9 minutes, until just set. Do not overbake. It is a bit hard to tell when these cookies are ready; they will puff up but won't get golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cookie Sheets $9 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla Paste $6 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.