Simple Oyster Soup Recipe: A Creamy Oyster Soup Recipe Ready to Eat in 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Oyster stew is a popular dish in the U.S., especially in New England. In the south, oyster stew is often served on Christmas Eve. This easy oyster stew recipe is on the table in about 30 minutes and is packed full of tender oysters. Delish!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 6 cups whole milk or half and half
- 16 ounces fresh raw oysters, undrained
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- oyster crackers, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the cayenne and paprika. Cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the oyster liquid (not whole oysters yet) and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Turn heat to low and let the mixture just come to a low simmer.
- Add the oysters, cover and cook until they curl on the edges. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve with oyster crackers.
Note: If you want a thicker soup, add a tablespoon of flour after the onions are soft and cook about 1 minute. Then proceed with recipe.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Oyster Crackers $3 & Up
Cayenne $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Paprika $2 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.