Conch Stuffing Recipe: This Seafood Stuffing Recipe Brings the Bahamas to Thanksgiving by 30Seconds Food
Infused with fresh conch and island spices, this conch stuffing recipe is the perfect authentic Bahamian side dish to complement your Thanksgiving meal. If you can't find conch, shrimp is a good substitution.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup diced shallot
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 8 ounces unsalted block butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 habanero pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, puréed or sliced
- 1 cup bacon fat
- 2 cup conch stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 whole fresh conch
- 1 loaf white bread or bread of choice
Here's how to make it:
- In a small pot, add the skin from the conch and fill with water and allow to boil rapidly. Strain and set aside to cool. In food processor, add whole conch with 1 cup of water, 1/2 habanero pepper and pulse until broken down into pieces.
- In a large sauté pan, add 1 cup bacon fat and allow to reach medium heat. Add conch and all other ingredients except butter, wine and bread and stock.
- Once all ingredients are well incorporated, you may deglaze with the measured amount of white wine and allow alcohol to cook off. Add strained conch stock and allow to boil before crumbling bread by hand and adding to sauté pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake in oven on 400 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Source: Bahamas.com / Chef Asteir Dean
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bahamas Travel Guides $7 & Up
Bahamas Cookbook $5 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
Baking Pans $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.