Turmeric Mashed Potatoes Recipe Is a Colorful & Nutritious Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Talk about festive mashed potatoes! This easy, creamy turmeric mashed potato recipe is a beautiful yellow and will make your taste buds and eyes happy.
This mashed potato recipe is not only delicious, but adds nutrition to the table. Yes, turmeric has many health benefits! Use coconut milk and vegan butter for a dairy-free version.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 14 to 17 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter or vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the cream, thyme, if using, butter, turmeric and garlic in a saucepan. Whisk and bring to a simmer. Cook about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Pour in the cream (you can strain it through a mesh strainer, if desired).
- Mash with a potato masher or whip the potatoes with an electric mixer. (Do not overmix or they will get gummy.) Season with salt and pepper.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pots $10 & Up
Electric Mixers $12 & Up
Mesh Strainers $5 & Up
Saucepans $10 & Up
Potato Mashers $5 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Coconut Cream $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.