Turmeric Mashed Potatoes Recipe Is a Colorful & Nutritious Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Talk about festive mashed potatoes! This easy, creamy turmeric mashed potato recipe is a beautiful yellow and will make your taste buds and eyes happy.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 14 to 17 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter or vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the cream, thyme, if using, butter, turmeric and garlic in a saucepan. Whisk and bring to a simmer. Cook about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Pour in the cream (you can strain it through a mesh strainer, if desired).
- Mash with a potato masher or whip the potatoes with an electric mixer. (Do not overmix or they will get gummy.) Season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.