Swiss & Cheddar Beer Cheese Sauce Recipe: This Rich 2-Cheese Sauce Recipe Begs to Be Poured by 30Seconds Food
Cheesy, ooey, smooth and gooey, this incredible beer cheese sauce recipe wants you to pour it on everything. From burgers to hot dogs to fries to vegetables, this cheese sauce makes everything better.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes about 4 cups
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beer (light beer works best)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- Pour in the beer and whisk until smooth. Simmer gently about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and garlic. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
Note: You can use all Swiss cheese or all cheddar cheese, if preferred.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.