Easy Amish Sauerkraut Soup Recipe: Trust Your Gut & Make It ASAP by 30Seconds Food
You could substitute sliced smoked sausage for the chicken – or add both!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours
Total Time: 5 to 6 hours
- 1 potato, cut into cubes
- 1 can (32 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained (you could use refrigerated sauerkraut)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 5 - 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the potato, sauerkraut, broth, soup, chicken, carrots, celery, vinegar and dill in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 5 to 6 hours. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the bacon.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Sauerkraut $2 & Up
Dried Dill $3 & Up
Cream of Mushroom Soup $1 & Up
Vinegar $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.