Creamy Vegan Wild Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe With Walnuts Is a Dairy-free Delight by Chef Gigi
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound vegan noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 large leeks or 3 small-medium leeks, washed well and chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds wild mushrooms, cleaned and rough chopped
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 3 - 4 springs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bunch parsley, cleaned and minced fine
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegan soy sauce
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups oat milk or cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- white pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and all of the butter. Once the oil is shimmering, add the leeks and mushrooms. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are nicely browned, stirring occasionally, but not too frequently.
- Add the flour and cook for an additional 3 or 4 minutes to cook out the raw flavor and the flour is taking on a blonde nutty color and aroma.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and immediately add the vegetable broth. Stir to ensure there are no traces of flour and scraping up any brown bits.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, thyme, soy, mustard, parsley and walnuts. Bring to a slow simmer. Add milk, tahini and paprika. Cook until the sauce is thickened and creamy. Adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- While the sauce is reducing, cook the pasta to package directions. Add the hot cooked pasta to the sauce. Serve in warm bowls and top each with a handful of parsley for garnish.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.