Quick Amish Smothered Mushroom Onion Burger Recipe: Who Knew? by 30Seconds Food
Who doesn't love an Amish recipe? The popularity of Amish recipes is undeniable. The more we research and test these recipes, the more diverse we're finding food from Pennsylvania Dutch country to be – like this Amish smothered mushroom and onion burger.
Who knew there was an Amish burger recipe? Simple and delicious. All you need to make an Amish smothered mushroom onion burger is ground beef, olive oil, onions, fresh mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, cheese and hamburger buns. For fun, serve this juicy mushroom, onion and cheese burger on deli wrap with a side of french fries.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced thin
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 thick slices cheese
- 4 hamburger buns or sandwich rolls, toasted
- Add whatever toppings you like to this burger recipe.
- You could use ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- Use your favorite cheese.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well and shape into 4 patties. Cook the patties in the same skillet until browned and cooked to desired doneness. When almost done, top each patty with some of the onion-mushroom mixture and a slice of cheese. Cover for about 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- To assemble burger, carefully remove the patties from the skillet and place on a bun.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 21.8g
Saturated Fat: 9.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
Total Sugars: 4.3g
Vitamin D: 66mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.