Simple Sunday Gravy Recipe: The Easiest Italian Tomato Sauce Recipe by 30Seconds Food
We can all picture images of big Italian families gathering with a pot of homemade spaghetti sauce (aka Sunday gravy) on the stove. If it's something you've never done, why not? This easy pasta sauce recipe requires minimal prep and basically cooks itself (you do need to stir it every so often). Serve this tomato sauce recipe over your favorite pasta or use it in recipes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (32 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the water, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and sugar, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and gently cook until sauce thickens, stirring often, about 2 hours.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pots $10 & Up
Crushed Tomatoes $2 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Pasta $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.