This Oma-Approved German Potato Salad Recipe Is So Easy to Make by 30Seconds Food
German potato salad is a warm potato salad made with a vinegar-based dressing. While some German potato salad recipes have bacon, this one does not, but feel free to add it if you'd like. We think Oma would approve.
Serve this easy potato salad recipe as a side dish with pork, burgers, chicken, hot dogs or whatever meal works for you. Everyone will love it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus time to rest
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 pound small new potatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- chopped green onions or chopped fresh parley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Peel the potatoes, if you'd like, or leave the skin on.
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl. Chop into small pieces, if desired. Add the onion and stir to combine.
- Combine the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, broth and sugar in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour it over the potatoes and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Let the potato salad sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley or green onions.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Whole Grain Mustard $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Large Pot $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.