Whole Grain Beer Mustard Recipe: Dunk That Pretzel Into This Easy Bavarian Beer Mustard by 30Seconds Food
Not only can you dunk that pretzel, this easy beer mustard recipe was made for bratwurst and other sausages, sandwiches, pigs in the blanket, hotdogs or whatever you like to use mustard on. Bavarian whole-grain mustard is the final touch on a perfect Oktoberfest menu.
Prep Time: 24 hours to soak mustard seeds
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes plus soaking time
- 2 cups dark beer
- 1 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cups ground mustard
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups malt vinegar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 - 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Here's how to make it:
- Put the mustard seeds and beer into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Put the hydrated seeds in a blender. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Pour into a saucepot
- Add the ground mustard, brown sugar, malt vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt, allspice and cloves. Bring to a boil then immediately turn off the heat.
- Spoon the mixture into mason jars.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $25 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
Mason Jars $5 & Up
Brown Mustard Seeds $6 & Up
Yellow Mustard Seeds $4 & Up
Ground Mustard $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Malt Vinegar $3 & Up
Balsamic Vinegar $2 & Up
Ground Allspice $4 & Up
Cloves $4 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.