Easy Turkey Feta Soup Recipe: This Creamy Turkey Taco Soup Is a Fabulous 30-Minute Meal by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
Inspired by this incredible creamy ground beef taco soup recipe, I made this savory turkey taco soup recipe instead. I used ingredients I had on hand, including my favorite cheese – feta – and it was so easy and so delicious!
I served it over rice, but it would be equally good over pasta – or all by itself with a side of tortilla chips or bread. My husband gave it two thumbs up, so I think it’ll become a regular addition to our simple weeknight dinners.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small orange pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 - 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, with liquid
- 1 can (15 ounces) light red kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 block feta cheese or 1 package feta cheese crumbles
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
Here’s how to make it:
Add ground turkey and sauté until no pink is showing, about 10 minutes.
Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans and taco seasoning. Stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Add the feta cheese. Stir to combine. Let simmer 5 minutes, or until cheese is mostly melted. Stir to ensure creaminess throughout.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
Large Pots $10 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $1 & Up
Black Beans $1 & Up
Light Red Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Pasta $1 & Up
Rice $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.