15-Minute Crunchy Pretzel Squares Recipe With Caramel & Chocolate Is Salty & Sweet by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
If you love the flavor combination of sweet, salty and nutty, then this caramel pretzel squares recipe is for you. Crunchy pretzel squares topped with Rolo candies make this a no-brainer. Top with whole pecans, walnuts or almonds. Sometimes I'll add dried fruit. Just make sure whatever you use, to press firmly, then drizzle each with a bit of melted chocolate for a beautiful garnish. These make great food gifts!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 dozen
- 24 small square grid pretzels
- 24 Rolo candies, foil removed
- 24 pecan halves
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- 8 ounces caramel candies, melted (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking liner or parchment paper. Place the pretzel squares on the baking sheet and top each with a Rolo. Bake for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently press a pecan half on top of each one, pressing into the Rolo candy slightly. Place the whole pan in the refrigerator for a quick cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Optional: While the candies are chilling, melt chocolate chips or caramel candies in a small bowl. Using the prongs of a fork, dunk into the warm, chocolate or caramel and drizzle over top of the pecans for a finished look. Allow to set before packaging. Keep airtight at room temperature.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Nonstick Baking Liners $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Rolo Candy $4 & Up
Square Pretzels $2 & Up
Pecans $5 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
White Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Caramel Candies $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.