Crispy Smashed Potatoes Recipe With Capers: Crunchy Potatoes That Are Sweet, Salty & Irresistible by Dina Deleasa-Gonsar DishItGirl.com
Salty capers mingle with sweet honey and sharp Dijon mustard to create a flavor explosion in this crispy smashed potatoes recipe. You will be a fan at first bite.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound small red or yellow potatoes, washed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
Here's how to make it:
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of water that just covers the top of the potatoes. Add the vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil until the potatoes are pierced easily with a fork, about 20 to 30 minutes depending upon the size of the potatoes. Once the potatoes are tender removed from the heat and drain. Let them cool a bit before handling them.
- In a small bowl whisk together the capers, mustard, honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Pour the drained potatoes out onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Using a potato masher or heavy bottomed glass, gently press down or “smash” the potatoes until they are about 1/2-inch round. Drizzle olive oil over the top, season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven and spoon over the top about half of the caper mixture. Give the pan a gentle shake to distribute the dressing. Place back in the oven for another 20 minutes or so or until the potatoes start to become brown and crispy on the edges.
- When the potatoes come out of the oven, spoon over the remaining caper mixture.
Find more recipes on DishItGirl.com.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Potato Mashers $5 & Up
Vinegar $1 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Capers $4 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.