Creamy Basil Pesto Hummus Recipe: This Fresh Basil Pesto Hummus Recipe Has Intoxicating Tang & Texture by Java Hemmat
My basil pesto recipe hummus is intoxicating with fresh basil leaves, lemony tang and rich texture. Have leftover pesto? Add it to pastas, use as a veggie dip and spoon some in a hot soup for a deep flavor!
Cuisine: Middle Easter/Italian/American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 2 cups basil
- 1 clove garlic
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons walnuts or pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (reserve some for garnish)
- 8 ounces plain hummus (try my Classic Hummus)
Here's how to make it:
- In a food processor or blender, add the basil, garlic, lemon, walnuts, Parmesan and sea salt. Pulse a few times.
- Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil until smooth.
- On a plate, spoon on the hummus leaving a hole in the middle. Add the pesto and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.