Easy Cheesy Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe: Make Tex-Mex at Home by 30Seconds Food
When you order beef or cheese enchiladas at a Tex-Mex restaurant, you're going to get (hopefully!) a plate with enchiladas drowning in a rich sauce and covered with an insane amount of cheese. If you think you have to go out to eat for the best enchiladas, think again!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano (can substitute regular dried oregano)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato chicken bouillon granules or regular chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups water (you can use more of less for desired thickness of sauce)
- 1 pound ground beef seasoned for tacos
- 3 - 4 cups shredded American cheese
- 12 corn tortillas, softened
- chopped onions (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- To make the sauce heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until a roux forms, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, chili powder and bouillon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Whisk in the water and cook until it thickens. Reduce heat to low and cook about 5 to 10 minutes or until at desired thickness. Taste and add more seasonings, if needed. Set aside.
- To make the enchiladas, put some meat, cheese and onions, if using, down the center of a tortilla. Roll up and place in a baking pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour the sauce over the top and then sprinkle with more shredded cheese. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until the cheese is melted, about 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Mexican Oregano $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
Tomato Chicken Bouillon Granules $3 & Up
Chicken Bouillon Granules $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.