Easy French Toast Pull-Apart Bread Recipe Makes Breakfast or Brunch Even More Special (and Fun) by Dina Deleasa-Gonsar DishItGirl.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 loaf challah bread
- 7 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 eggs, beaten
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil that will be large enough to be able to end up covering the loaf of bread. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the loaf of bread into 1-inch strips going one direction, across the loaf, in a diagonal direction. Be careful NOT to cut all the way through. Turn the loaf and cut across your first set of cuts yielding 1-inch squares, still being careful not to cut all the way through. Place the cut loaf on the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Whisk together the butter, milk and vanilla. Stir in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs and cinnamon. Set aside. You may want to transfer it into a measuring cup to make it easier to pour over the bread.
- Take the remaining butter and thinly slice as many pieces as you can and use them to stick in between the cuts. You don't have to fill each crevice, but spread the butter pieces throughout the loaf of bread.
- Slowly pour the mixture between all the cuts of bread. Do this slowly using your fingers to gently pull apart the pieces so the mixture will go all the way through.
- Cover the bread with the foil. Put it into the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes pull some of the foil down so the bread is exposed. Put back into the oven for 15 minutes more until all of the egg mixture is cooked.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and drizzle the maple syrup on top. If you want to go the extra mile you can make cream cheese frosting and drizzle that as well.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.