Fresh, Hot Cherry Turnovers Recipe Is on the Table in 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
You can make magic with a box of puff pastry dough and a can of cherry pie filling. This easy cherry turnover recipe is super fast to prep and bakes in 20 minutes.
Serve this turnover recipe for breakfast or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 box frozen puff pastry, thawed according to box directions
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Lay the two sheets of thawed puff pastry on a work surface. Cut each sheet into four squares.
- Spoon some of the cherry pie filling into the center of each pastry square. Brush the edges with the egg white.
- Fold the pastry into a triangle and press edges to seal. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until the turnovers are golden brown.
- To make the glaze, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Pipe or spoon over the baked turnovers.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Pastry Brushes $5 & Up
Cherry Pie Filling $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.